Thursday 26 September 2013

Hellllooooo Bangkok. Here we are!!!



Touch down Bangkok!!
Its wet, hot and steamy and fifty shades of grey.............in the sky ;) 

But, How amazingly beautiful this city is. And, i should mention an absolutely beautiful apartment too. 

The apartment we are in is fairly cheap. ( my stands cheap) Much, MUCH cheaper than India. 

When I was booking for Bangkok, I thought, I'm going to princess this trip up, and stay at one of the super flash gorgeous hotels they have here, but then after speaking with people from  surrogacy Australia, it made Sense to find an apartment that we like so that when we come for baby pickup and have to spend 3-4 weeks here we are comfortable with what's in the area. So my list of what I wanted began. Serviced apartment ( cleaning of rooms) laundry service and to do your own if need be, breakfast and pool.  Modern, clean and close to skytrain. My hubby laughed at me and said my list was too long. Hu! Well I found it, Bliston Suwan Park. 
1 bedroom 2 bathrooms, office, kitchen + lounge room, 70m2  with all that I have mentioned and a really good car service if needed, especially when we have baby.
Www.blistonresidence.com 

Today is our first full day in beautiful Bangkok and hubby and are are totally mentally and physically  exhausted  so we decided to take a little walk around the hood see what we have at our feet and I must say. I LOVE EVERYTHING!!! Street food vendors so kind as to offer us a taste before we buy. [ we didn't buy, just incase we get sick, especially just before V has to do his thing :) ] people are friendly, shopping malls at you feet, and I found my new favourite store Dean and Deluca. Carmel macchiato is on the list everyday!! 
So today we are just chilln by the pool, and re energising

Saturday is our fist appointment at All Ivf. I've asked to meet both our donor and surrogate. In all honestly I have never been sure if I wanted to do so. And only made the decision once we landed. I had 10hrs of flying time to think about it. And weigh up all my pros and cons and decided I don't want to live with regrets. This may be my one chance to meet our beautiful donor that we choose and I have no idea what I'm going to say to her. I mean really what do you say to a woman who can give you your dreams????? but, I know that one day if my child asks me about her I want to be able to answer something about the woman that help give them life. 

6 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about Bangkok, though it often gets a bad rap for it's sleaze. Have fun and relax!! Baby dust x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I'm relaxing on the journey. Feels a little strange x

      Delete
  2. I wasn't fortunate enough to meet our donor, as she felt quite sore after having the procedure and just wanted to rest and recover. I can't blame her for that and I also didn't mind. Besides thanking her for this wonderful opportunity she had given us I didn't really know what else I could say. I still have her photo and profile and if our child ever does want to know then I can share that with them.

    Good luck over there. I love Thailand and can't wait for the return trip to spend more time there when we go to be with our baby for the very first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam how quickly time flys, you'll be back here in no time. I love that Bangkok is just a little bit special to a whole lot of us now :))

      Delete
  3. Woohoo....I m in Singapore now, after 4 days of India! i love this part of Asia! Have fun in Bangkok and Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh!!! How was INDIA???? Oh can't wait to find out how it all went for you! Xx

      Delete