Saturday 20 April 2013

Almost on the plane & FRRO fun facts ?


With a day to go, packing for 39 degrees days, in a country that you realllllly can't walk around in a tank top and shorts, is kind of interesting.
I've packed tees & jeans but I've learnt from last trip, wear a scarf around my neck cause tops may, just, be, that bit to low....and those looks that you get are kind of uncomfortable.
Not sure how everyone else feels while in India,  but I just tried not to stand out. Although as V put it. We are like a fly in a glass of milk.

My mum is super freaked out. Thanks to my uncle, who gave her a list of what not to eat, and a whole lot of  Do Not's. I think she thinks we should stay in our hotel room the whole time..Lol. 
I'm glad that on this trip we are staying at the Hilton Garden inn. The roof top pool is essential and  The mall attached will be a nice relief I think. 

Now that bags are almost packed I've stocked up gastrostop. Cause last time i was there i got Indian belly.... And.....Oh boy that was worse than Bali belly. Yes, same, but damn different! Lol


As it seem the inconsistencies in India continue to hassle. Let's for 1 min forget the stupidity
Of the Australian government and there New Passport regulations.
We now Also have to register at FRRO....., ( Foreigner Regional Registration Office) now I essentially thought we only had to register once we have a baby cause we we leave the country with one extra bundle.....
I just found out that registration is required when we arrive now.
And it gets better.....cause apparently FRRO is a NIGHTMARE.!
Can you just in vision the fun times ahead.!!

This is the latest email I received from a friend in Delhi at the moment....
'What you will need to register with FRRO.  Register within 14 days of arrival in India. You will need 4 passport photos, 3 copies of online registration form ( you will need to fill the online registration form print 3 copies & to book an appointment ) letter from SCI saying you are undertaking treatment with them & for how long, a letter from the hotel you are staying with to confirm you are staying with them & the length of your stay,  copies of your passport (biodata page), visa page & date of arrival in India stamp page. This is a requirement for all travelling on medical visas.'
FRRO website in New Delhi
http://www.immigrationindia.nic.in/frro_DelhiAdd2.htm
online registration
http://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/

As I was saying..........fun times ahead.....! 

Going through all the paper work tonight that SCI have sent us, our visas are all good. But I must say I'm nervous. There are so many inconsistencies in India at the moment, that i think being stopped at passport control is almost a given. I know that I'm Probably over thinking it, ( as I do most things) 
But, at this stage of the game it really seems that anything goes.!

Yeah. Fun. Times. 

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, I was think of that too, but I didn't know we need to fill out forms and get letters! Omg...please keep us posted on the FRRO procedures. Best of luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will, do.
      Thanks :)
      When are you there next??

      Delete
  2. Good luck my friend, and loads of baby dust your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Love your baby dust :) x

      Delete
    2. Hi There! I've been taken off the SCI blog list if you would like ti continue to follow my journey you can do so on www.persistandtrust.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  3. Your hotel should register you with the FRRO on arrival (mine did), they give you a Form C (available at the FFRO website) plus you need a copy of your passport photo page and visa page. No physical visit to the FRRO is required for this.

    With respect to the exit visa for babies from FRRO - we had a dream run, you might too. We were there in November 2012 with our twins (we are a hetro couple). It was a very chaotic place just like the rest of India but this place is infused with a little more crazy. Seriously I find it amazing they can perform any work under the conditions they work in - respect.

    We arrived (at 12 or 1pm with an appointment made for the next day but we hoped they didn't check and they didn't). We waited there 3 hours to receive our visa on the spot, we were leaving that night so couldn't risk walking away. No questions from anyone, just a lot of congratulations and fawning over the babies and everyone trying to rush us through, seriously everyone was so SO sweet.

    I am not saying the FRRO is alway this way but many people have had a good experience, you might be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to hear the good stories too. I'm very glad that toy got a great run. Thank you for wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There! I've been taken off the SCI blog list if you would like ti continue to follow my journey you can do so on www.persistandtrust.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete