Wednesday 3 April 2013

Egg collection, Results and.......everything next.



Day of the transfer was here. 4.30pm and no food or water from 8.00am. So I didn't
Feel alone in this V choose to not eat anything either, lol...

Egg collection  takes about 15mins , under anaesthetic. The preparation before going under was really good, and really comfortable. An hour or so later,  While I was trying to wake up, Dr Shivani
Came into my room,  she had a nice smile and said something like were able to collect 10 eggs
That's a good number..then I passed out again. Needless to say the drive back to the hotel later was horrid. Stop start. 22million Horns beeping. And just a long drive back. .me and the bathroom sink had a date! Lol but....... On the up side..... Step one. Success!!

I was still very groggy, the following day and slept most of it away, Other than stalking Neha, 
at SCI, to find out how many fertilised.
Finally late in the evening, we got the email.... 8. 8 fertilised. Step two. Success!
8 embryos. 2 surrogates. 4 in each. Odds were good. Happiness. A strange feeling of it was creeping in. I hadn't felt "good" or positive in a long time, but odds were on our side :))

Now the 14 day wait....

Because I normally react badly after my egg collection with hyper stimulation, and couldn't think
of anything worse than travelling with a hyperstim, we decided to stay 10 days extra.

In those 10 days, the first of the 4 were spent in hotel. Bad hyperstim... But not as bad as I had experienced before.
We took a road trip to Jaipur , Pink city! which was beautiful, but not really pink,lol. Picked up a gorgeous emerald as my birthday present, ( i didn't know that India was home to precious stones, and Jaipur is where most of them come from)
The drive back was meant to be a 6 hr drive that turned into 11hrs. Really bad roads really bad traffic, as trucks just decided to pull over onto 2 of the 4 lanes and park for the night.
I slept, but credit to the driver cause we may have had to spend the night on the road if he didn't
Drive on the opposite side of the freeway!!! When I woke up all I saw was on coming traffic coming straight for us and all the driver was saying was.... Shit, shit, shit!!!! Lol
But he got us back in one piece.
 A day later, we decided that we should spend my Birthday at Agra, where the Taj Mahal is.
I'm not sure if beautiful is enough of a word to describe this temple. The marble carvings, and coloured stones are truly stunning!
While we walked around the temple I noticed the jagged black & white columns and the mustard yellow.... Touches. It reminded me House of Harlow jewelry!( girls might only get that comment... ;)
I have a major obsession with fashion..... Sorry! Lol.
There was a festival, and I wanted to walk though and shop at the little stalls, our tour guide wasn't happy, cause.... I did all my tourist shopping cheap and in a market and not at the over priced tourist store he want to take us.. Oops!

2 days left and I was feeling like myself. So far no new is good news. All I kept thinking is
Last time I was pregnant I only had one embryo transferred. This is 8! And in healthy women!

We asked Neah if she new of any orphanages. She sent us the name and contact details to
Dr Sohan Veer. He runs a private orphanage ( the name escapes me now, but will find my paperwork and include it in one of my following blogs)
I spoke with Dr Sohan, and asked if  we could arrange a visit for the following day. There are 40children all aged between 5-18yrs, mixture of boys and girls. We wanted to take them something, and asked him what it was they needed...... So that's what we did. 40 school bag, books, pens, pencils, paints,..., we loaded up the car and to our surprise found a beautifully kept orphanage with green grass, clean rooms, and most of all beautiful happy and talented children. I say talented cause this orphanage not only keeps them in school, but teaches them meditation, yoga, massage, and sewing, so that when they are of age to leave, they have a skill. Very important, especially for the girls.
They put on a little dance, and showed us some yoga techniques.
These kids were lucky in there misfortune.

Feb 25th. We leave Delhi, still no news, said goodbye. And prayed we'd be back in 9 months.

Feb 28th. Waiting for email.... Delhi is 5hrs behind Adelaide, so chances are a late night email would came, as it did.
Heart in stomach. Hands shaking, body numb, as I read the words...... Unfortunately neither of  your surrogates have a positive pregnancy..... World crashing. Pain escalating.
No need to bore you with the drama that followed, but if you have been there then you know.
Lots of  F#%KS later.... I'm on a phone and talking with Dr Shivani.
It's just one of those things. No scientific answer other than. It happens.
She advised me that I needed to take 3 months break if I'd like to try again.

So that's where we are at now...
I'm in the process of planing my next trip, just sent of visa application
Which I will tell you all about in my next post.

Thank you for allowing me to share this journey. It's a battle, but I don't give up very
Easily. Ever. Cause this, the family that we want is the only thing that matters.

12 comments:

  1. hi Andy just catching up on your blog, i held my breath reading down this post, so sorry it did not work, wishing you the very best and lots of baby dust your way for your next try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u :) btw, where do u buy this baby dust from & can I buy a bag!!! :)) lol

      Delete
  2. Perserverance is the primary trait IPs need, as well as faith in the bigger picture. You'll achieve this too! From a fellow Adelaide / India (Mumbai) mum.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks, Mumbai! Howling ago was that?

      Delete
    2. Our boys are 3.5 years, so we probably started about five years back. A lot has changed in that time and I truly believe you're working with the best clinic now.

      Delete
    3. I have no doubt sci are the best. & my goodness 5years, yes a lot changed!, in fact a lot has changed since I started and that was in October! 3. & 5 good age :) bless them x

      Delete
  3. Andy you are such an inspiration. I think that visiting the orphanage was a beautiful thing to do. Your little one will come, and when they do he or she is a fortunate one to have such a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You show such courage and tenacity... you mustn't give up. I firmly believe that Karma will step in. It was a lovely thing to do - to visit the kids in the orphanage and that won't have been missed in the scheme of things. Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I m so sorry to hear the BFN news :-(. I was so pumped up and following your blog...waiting for that big colorful announcement and maybe some echo pics. We are on this boat together and maybe we will pick up our babies together :-) Preseverance is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Choco Mayan.... Thank you....When are you there next? X

    ReplyDelete