Sunday 11 August 2013

........At least i have choices


it real does say it all.


I tell you....the universe loves to just always keep me on my toes.


When looking for an egg donor i cant say that i had numbered my top 3 in an order of preference.
It was just an order because someone had to be on the top of the list.
When my number 1 was not available the month of September, because she had just donated and each woman after an egg collection should wait 3 months before starting another cycle. [ should mention that the 3 month wait is in India not here in Oz]
And my number 2 decided that she wanted to add to her own family....i did start to feel like i couldn't catch a break, then my number 3 was confirmed and baby i was all smiles.
Well since my last post, my confirmed donor had to change date because of work commitments.
[ insert a lot of swear words ] and it would be a lie if i tell you i was ok with that.....but after a few hours of cooking because it helps take my mind off things, i emailed Corion and asked them for more profiles.
Because now 36 women to choose from became overwhelming i took a break form looking at beautiful women and trying to decide whether i choose a proven donor [ someone who's egg have ended in a successful pregnancy ] or a first time donor. I narrowed it down to two women, asked a beautiful friend for some advise who also has chosen a donor and has two healthy beautiful children and i went off to cook.

A little later at 12 midnight i looked at both profiles and went with the one who i felt a connection with who also happened to be the proven donor.
I should mention  that in the overwhelming state i was in, i asked Corion what the success rates of proven donor compared to first timer were. and damn i must say that their response was very professional and perfect. ~"Let me tell you when a woman volunteers to be a donor we do their screening which includes hormonal profile as well an antral follicle count. When we stimulate a new donor we would have speculated her response. Its a rare thing that a new donor gives a poor response and in case we suspect that we immediately cancel the cycle and do not charge you for that.
Also, every proven donor has donated sometime for the first time and taking a proven or a new donor does not change the success rate ~"  it didn't sway my choice.....but it did easy any doubts i had, and for that i am grateful.

So we now await to hear dates for travel.
Honestly, I cant wait to start this road. Im not excited, nor doubtful. Im not fearful, or stressed. Im realistic.
This path is new, and success is high, but just as the notion of success is prominent the possibility of this not working first time is also a possibility.
So when asked am i excited........well no. Excitement didn't get me anywhere the last 9yrs. Im realistic, knowing that if i Persist & Trust in myself, then one day i'll have my baby.

Just to add to the emotion of last weekends challenges the  Mary Coustas Story on 60mins had most of us in tears, for some it was an emotion of empathy for me it was i feeling i related to. Somehow sharing  that feeling of "living in a horror movie" as she put it ever so delicately, has kept a smile on my face. Not because of her pain....My God i don't wish that feeling of Pain, lose, failure for anyone...EVER!, but Knowing that an all time legend in the Australia Greek community has gone through the egg donor path and is pregnant. Damn That's real. And, so amazing. Only thing is questions that now arise from people who I've told is why didn't we choose Greece for egg donor.? The simple answer to that is,Mary had a donor egg transferred into her. We need a surrogate and a donor. Greece don't offer for my standard a grate surrogacy program like India do.
And on that note.....it's such a shame that India have taken the position they have in regard to Foreigners and surrogacy in their country, its clearly discrimination, it also looks like same sex couples may need to look to Thailand as the laws look like they will become not untouchable, but difficult for same sex couples also.

This is just speculation on my part, but words that keep being thrown around by ministers is enough to have me concerned. I remember talking to a Doctor in India 6 months ago....and it seemed these new laws were then only a puff of smoke. I say........where there's smoke, there's fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment