Friday 23 August 2013

Pin the tail on the donkey....




Slowly the clock tics. The seconds seem to take just a little longer than usual.  Stalking my own email for any sign of change is my latest pass time.
Dramatic hu.......well......pfft!  This week almost broke me. All i want is just get my family started and im at a point where i don't want to jump any more hoops. [even though I will, even if they were on fire ]

 VFS now have a new box for us to tick when applying for visa. Now you must tick the ART SURROGACY VISA, it really isn't any different, as apparently in your passport it will state Medical Visa.

We are also in the process of apply for Citizenship for hubby. This is the only way our baby can enter the country. As Baby can only get Australian visa by decent.

On Monday to get NEW ART SURROGATE VISA a whole day of back and forth of emails to explain to Corion what is needed. Then once Ive collect everything run to JP to certify. Then JP wanted to hear my story!??!....like i have all the time in the world to explain 9 yrs to him. I told him. too long to explain ill give u my book once im done. ;) then he wanted the original contract of Surro agreement not the photo copy. Ugh! With alot of whatever Bullshit that came out of my mouth, he finally signed the documents. I then take them back to VFS who there told me now must wait for pre approval,[ new method ] which will take 4-5 working days. And they will call me to then take them hubby's passport for visa. So a total of approx 10 working days till we have visa in hands. Fine. Although im Still waiting for the phone call. 
Tuesday and I'm already mentally exhausted . At the same time we are applying for citizenship for my hubby. Ringing Greek embassy that only work hours that are "whenever they please system" trying to sort out a penal clearance form. That apparently is like asking for gold. It's August in Greece and Summer, this means everyone's on holidays. So making calls in between Greece stuff and citizenship office to ask  if this form is really needed. After 5 long phone calls with one question to 5 different people who gave me 5 different answers, I decided to go straight to the immigration & citizenship office  only to be told that hubby can't apply for citizenship at this time because he was away for more that 90 days last year because his father died in Greece. He can apply at the end of October. Cause it's cutting it short as we leave in September for donor path. Right about now I walked out with tears. And went straight to the gym and kicked the hell out of the boxing bag.
Wednesday, i was depleted. No energy to do anything or be around anyone. Phone and computer stayed off  the whole day, i could not cope with any update. Good or bad.
Thursday I decided to yell at someone since I had spoken to a billion people about this and not one mentioned we couldn't apply now. The lady I spoke with said since we have been married and in Australia for 8yrs we can apply for spouse discretion. It apparently covers the time he was away.
Dumb ass couldn't tell me this last time i was there.
I went to JP to have the spouse discretion certified. Only to be told by him that he needs to see the original marriage certificate. Grrrrr!!!!![ insert a lot of swear words]
So I've decided to wing it and go back to citizenship office without JP signature. I'm here with all the paperwork they have asked for as well as the spouse discretion. And hoping they don't ask for anything more because I may just slap them!
The game pin the tail on the donkey...well....feeling like that at the moment. Just not sure if I'm the one pining the tail or the donkey!?!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, I laughed at your last comment! I also laughed at the typo--or was it auto-correct?--that changed spouse discretion to "spouse desertion"! I can feel your frustration. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. out of frustration im right in the middle of fixing all stupid auto correct or whatevers.....as i was writing this out on my phone. while at immigration office. Hope your well ben. thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes jumping through bureaucratic loopholes makes want to spork something. I just want them to say, "DO THIS." Because whatever it is, I will, in fact do it. I just hate the running back and forth back and forth from one line to another in cubicle hell in order to end up at the same place looking at a different face who tries to tell me, "Oh. Well. You know.....you could have JUST..."

    UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rhy&Drew......sounds like you been there done that!? This process is like the ads on TV, "But wait...theres more" ugh!!

      Delete
  4. This is madness, no wonder you're exhausted. One day this too shall all be over and you will forget the pain, for now, kick the bejeesus out of that punching bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trust me Meg, i kicked so hard ive jarred my hip. now i have physical pain too...lol

      Delete