Sunday 5 May 2013

Food for thought....



New Delhi the second time round Seems to just get easier. Not really. 
The heat is insane, and if your working in customer service then, you really need to wear deodorant! 
I was at Starbucks the other day. And someone came to clear our tables and I almost vomited on
Him. I couldn't get my perfume out fast enough to change the smell, and I sprayed him too.. Lol
Helped me... Not sure if it helped others that worked with him though.

So as you can tell the drugs have kicked in.... I'm moody, emotional, snappy, and panic attacks seem to kick in every night as I lay my head on the pillow.
I feel horrible for snapping at the waiter, for getting my coffee order wrong...twice. I feel horrible for snapping at our driver who came 1/2hr too early and 'tried' to charged me for it. I feel horrible that I snapped at the door guy who insists on looking through our bags every time we walk into the hotel, even if we walked out for 3mins & came back in. And all this was before 11am..
A good friend who has been on this surrogacy journey with me from the beginning, and who is also in the process of her journey of IVF said...
" unless you have a sign on your neck saying i'm a hormonal bitch, beware"  everyone is just going to have to take it!!
I still feel bad, although all these things would still piss me off even when I'm not medicated, my tone would have been softer..

My husband asked me the other day...what Is one word you'd use to describe India. The first word was colorful but there was a second word. Diversity. You could be at the traffic lights sitting in your Standard Toyota air-conditioned car, and there's a car next to you that is about to fall apart and being held together with tape and ropes, and then look ahead and you'll see a BMW  And an Audi and next to them is 50 people on bush bikes and another 50 people on scooters with a family of 4 on it. And let's not forget the street beggars, that knock on everyone's window begging for money... other than the person in the BMW.
But what i saw today was a row of tin sheds, that are made for homes, that seriously if a gust of wind came, would fall to the ground. These homes, about, 30 of them all have satellite dishes and used the electrical wires from the street to hang their clothes.
There's always something in your surrounding that will catch your eye. Every blink of an eye is a story. But most of all every blink of an eye is an education.

I have my egg collection tomorrow morning. So far scan show 11 folics.
I'm defiantly happy with that! Dr Shivani knows that when the time comes the embryologist
Has the Go Ahead to do laser hatching. But that's the embryologists call.
Apparently its only used if the embryo has the hard shell around it. 
Those results I guess we'll find out in the next few days.

It's Orthodox Easter today. No church this week. No lamb on spit. No cracking of red eggs.
Just my mum reading from her prayer book. Lamb chops at the LaLit hotel. And scrabbled eggs this morning. Still trying to keep with tradition. Lol
I do love Easter. Not for chocolate eggs...but for all our traditions. Our homes that smell of fresh baked sweet breads and beautiful biscuits. And the beautiful chants sung in our  beautifully decorated churches that give me goose bumps. But mainly I love what Easter means to me.
That one persons sacrifice can change the world. And miracles are present every day.



11 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Particularly like your words describing India, and your final sentence--it's true, miracles happen every day. Best of luck for your transfer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben! How are things on your end? News?

      Delete
  2. Don’t feel horrible about snapping. Every woman who has ever gone through IVF has snapped. The best part of doing IVF in another country is you don’t have to run into these people on a daily basis. Congratulations on 11 follicles, and good luck with the transfer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I said that last time I was here too. It really is the best part!

      Delete
  3. Omg, I haven't start my stimuli drugs yet, but I always have a tendency to snap, now I can imagine what I will be like when I start my gonal F injections. Good luck on the harvesting and sending you a lot of baby dusts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When do you start. And not to worry... I'm having a badge made to warn ppl...! Lol

      Delete
    2. Around mid month, if there is no cyst...you know miseries love me. Not only my follies are low in numbers, but also I got a cyst on the side that I have more follies! Sigh, I guess we all used to the road blocks and don't take a no or BFN as an anwser. Lol. As for the B.O. I think it is the food, but seriously...it is just gross...eww...

      Delete
  4. Good luck, sending you lots of baby dust!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Meg! waiting till Thursdays :)

      Delete
  5. I laughed at your posts about registering with the FRRO and your experience with the guy clearing your table. My hubby and I are due to go over to SCI for the first time in a few weeks and I've been looking at the temperatures over there and dreading it. I don't do the heat very well, so I'll probably melt....

    Plus I love that last sentiment:

    "That one persons sacrifice can change the world. And miracles are present every day."

    I couldn't agree more... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah the heat is intense! Take mosquito sick with you too!!
      Ps... I'm now no long with SCI in the next few days I will post where my journey is now taking me so stay tuned!!! :) . Wishing you a very successful trip. Where are you from??

      Delete