Monday 13 May 2013

Waiting....tick tock!



We have reached our last days here in India. I must say it been different being here with my mum.
She has been a great support. Even though we wanted to kill each other a lot of the time.
 Like some of the Greek mothers I know, words get invented or random words get used when they don't remember the correct name for things.
 For example... The man who wears a Turban she calls it a Turbo. When I asked her numerous times to please try and remember its called a Turban, she changed it. And started calling it a Burban!
Also when talking to our driver she asked him what religion they were, by asking if they believed in the elephant..... LOL!!
Let's just say, I have been provided with some strange entertainment on this trip. Bless her and I am
Forever grateful for her.

Even though my mum being a woman went through all the PMS stuff, this was the first time she experienced in full effect what is involved in a IVF treatment.
For those husbands, sisters, friends, mothers, brothers and fathers who try very hard to support the person going through an IVF cycle, I just want to take a little time to explain what this person is going through.
Women will normally produce one egg each month, this one egg is what send progesterone levels
High and what Is believed to be partly responsible for symptoms of PMS, sore breast, mood swings and so on..... All this as women we experience each month from one little God given egg.
Now when on IVF, your are given a series of injections that will stimulate your ovaries to produce more than one egg. The idea is to produce a lot of eggs. Some women may produces 9 - 16 plus eggs. That kind of gets a little painful, like carrying a bowling around in your lower regin. And your bloated and feel fat and crap....
So if one little God given egg turns a women a little crazy during her menstrual cycle then 9 eggs is going to turn her into a crazy hormonal psycho on crack with an Aka machine gun!
Then the coming off the drugs is a whirlpool of fun. Not. The added fear of "will this work" and not to mention the feeling of loneliness is overwhelming.
So be Patient, it won't last forever.

My egg collection went as well as it could! Dr Shivani collected 9 eggs, and 7 fertilised.
We went for a day 4 transfer and laser hatching was used, although embryologist didn't see a real need for it, I still requested it be done. It has no negative affect to the embryo. And in all honesty
I just wanted to feel like I've tried something different, before we make new decisions  as to what our next steps would be if this is also a failed surrogacy cycle.
I've learned  over the many years of this journey - hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
For me, my survival 101

The days that followed were not fun...the effects of slight hyper stimulation together with Indian belly
Meant that the bathroom and I were seeing each other a lot more than I would have liked...
Thankfully I have a wonderful doctor who hit me up with what was desperately  needed.

The heat has prevented us from doing the out door "tourist" stuff. When I mentioned this to doctor Shivani she, thankfully suggested a place called Kingdom Of Dreams! And the Ambiance Mall.
http://kingdomofdreams.in/the-kingdom.html
Seriously AMAZING!!! You can see a show have something to eat or just hangout  in an environment that will have you looking in every direction at the sensational design!
It opens at 1pm... Regardless what is written everywhere. 

We spent Mothers day at the Taj Mahal, again 43 degree heat just burns the hairs on your arms...
Mum loved it, and as I've decided that every trip here to India I will visit an orphanage, this time 
We went to Mother Teresa Missionary....where children have been abandoned and where they also care for mentally disabled. We weren't sure what to take, so we decided on Colouring books, paints, pencils, readers, cricket sets, and soccer balls. 
After speaking with the a beautiful Nun, she advised me that although all gifts are appreciated, they also need things like vitamins, for both young and old and basic needs like nappy and clothes and shoes, however money donations are probably the best. As they buy what they need when they need it, for the 200 souls who live there. With no financial support from the government, this missionary is well kept and very clean. Also if you choose to visit, it's wise to do so before 11.30 am or after 3.30pm.
For those of you who would like to visit the address is - Prem Dan, 2 Ajmer Road, Agra 282001 India.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Turbo! Your mom is a funny mom. I am sure you girls had a blast in India. As for the elephant religion question, it is much better than my mom's comment to a homophobic Christian priest, she was basically shocked and said: huh?! but you like little boys! (just try to picture a Chinese woman saying it with a heavy accent!)LOL
    It is very nice of you to help out the children who really need help and support. Maybe I will do the same when I visit India.
    I am sure that good karma will come to you! Sending you loads of baby dusts, positive vibes & Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh your mum sounds funny too!! Wishing you also the best of luck!!

      Delete
  2. I really hope this cycle results in a BFP! Great result for egg collection too :) I found it heartbreaking visiting orphanages as I just wanted to take them all home! Good on you for going and supporting them.
    My mum was a shocker when I took her to India too, in the end she settled down and loved it thank god!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to take them home too... The missionary also assists in Adoption, but Australia have stopped adaption from India.... Last time I checked, bout a year ago.
    Lol at the mothers!!

    ReplyDelete