Tuesday 28 May 2013

Boxing gloves are still on!



It seems that I'm in the boxing ring with the an energy stronger than i am......
My pregnancy test with both surrogate was a negative.
Feel like ive  been punched in the guts. Hard.And... I'm down..... But, not out for the count....

I'm writing this a few days after I've found out the results...as I needed to speak with Dr
As to WHAT THE F%#K is going on.
I'm Angry, I'm Pissed, I'm exhausted and most of all I'm devastated.

I ask you this. How many times can you get punched in the head and gut before you throw in the towel.... I'm up to 14 times.... Can help but think its time to throwing the towel.
I want the pain to stop. But I want a baby too.. Decided to give in to alcohol at the moment. Champagne is in the fridge for great news, so we'll leave that. An amazing  bottle of wine is stored away for special occasion, clearly nothing special here..... so I'm at the moment downing a bottle of scotch. its gross but its doing the job.....Head is light and teeth and face numb, so punch on cause I fell nothing at the moment!

So...Let's look at the stats... This is just based on treatment at SCI. From October we've used 19 embryos and 5 surrogate women, 2 of whom were proven surrogates..and 4 of the embryos were frozen. 
An average fertility clinc here in Australia will tell you to give it 3 chances for them to get a result.
And that using only one embryo per transfer, and if you insist, maybe 2 embryos.
We have used 19 embryos & 5 surrogates, who are meant to be exactly at their prime form for a embryo transfer and healthy.

It's a hard fact to amid that your body is failing what you want to achieve.im asking all sorts of questions now.....again! It seems that i need to start to eliminate the possibility that i produce defected egg. soooooooooooo a PGD is suggested, this looks at specific genetics, BUT.....ive found something better and spoken to people who have done this. its called 24 sure. it checks all the chromosomes  of an embryo which should make up a total of 46 chromosomes, which then means your only left with a healthy embryo. if your left with any. but....still not given 100% success..
OH...and guess what.....you need embryos to do that. What that means....more shitty drugs to be pumped into me.
As you can see im now a doctor, a nurse, a scientist and a lawyer. but without any paperwork. and ive put in more years than these profession actually require...lol

So back up plan is donor egg..... Not sure how to start to get my head around this.... Clearly the word hasn't come to an end, but it took me a very long time to finally except that i will not carry my baby..... now i may have to except that biologically the child i will have may also not be mine... i think im ok with that.
BUT. im not there yet.. just a back up plan.
Cause im Queen of back up plans!

So where im at now is working on how?where to do these test...but its late and im brain dead, probably from alcohol. ;)

 I should say that I'm writing This after a few drinks of crappy scotch . And I'm about to press publish... Hope when I read this tomorrow I don't die all over again. And that auto word correct has kicked in.

19 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your news, but glad you haven't given up. Stay strong and stay the course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben I just read your latest blog, I know that feeling of waking up and checking your emails, I know your beautiful surrogate is in good hands. I pray all will be well soon for you. Thank you for your support x

      Delete
    2. Hi There! I've been taken off the SCI blog list if you would like ti continue to follow my journey you can do so on www.persistandtrust.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  2. Hi
    im so so sorry to hear of you negatives you have been through so much, my heart goes out to you, i had to also get my head around donor eggs a few yrs ago but it still didnt work in my crappy body so im hoping de and surrogacy works thus taking me out of the equation altogether except for the most important bit raising and loving a baby and making them feel safe , that is what a mother does and donor egg or surrogacy aside i will do my best to be a good mum if we are lucky enough for this to work, after 18 yrs and 10 ivfs im so ready, its heartbreaking when we put so much into this that it still dosnt work, but you are so strong we all are xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my!!! 18yrs, oh Rosie sending you lots of blessings x

      Delete
  3. Keep those gloves on, they will make it harder to pick up a glass of scotch : ) Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy punching that boxing bag!!!

      Delete
  4. I don't have any words to make you feel better, actually anything I have to say is probably cliche anyway. Life is just really unfair sometimes. I don't think I will ever be able to wrap my head around how some people get babies they don't even want. I'm just so sorry and after what you have been through, I'd take you out and buy you a cocktail or 3. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said the magic word.... Cocktail!!!

      Delete
  5. I m so sorry, and sort of speechless when I read your post! I just want to give you a hug, and if you come to Montreal, I will buy you a few drinks. Keep the gloves on! Don't give up! Sometimes Life sucks and we just have to hope for the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hug...drinks & hope!! Now that should be the name of a new Cocktail!! X

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear this. Be strong and don't give up. We all have to compromise in life with the cards we are dealt and make the most of it. You will be a mom one day, and I'm sure a great one. Hang in there. Sending you a big virtual hug....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There! I've been taken off the SCI blog list if you would like ti continue to follow my journey you can do so on www.persistandtrust.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  7. That's a hard lot for anyone to handle. You have been through so much and that's before attempting the surrogacy path. I hope you find the strength to keep going.
    Choosing to use donor eggs is a very personal decision and one that only you can make.
    It took me years to get to that point and a few counselling sessions definately helped.
    Hold on to your dream of being a mum! We all are!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There! I've been taken off the SCI blog list if you would like ti continue to follow my journey you can do so on www.persistandtrust.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  8. I'm new to your blog, and understand that you're in a lot of pain understandably over so many failed attempts. I wish you all the best in achieving your dream, and if donor eggs are the quickest, least painful way to achieve that, would urge you to consider it. My son (now age 4) is no less mine for having been born from donor eggs, and I am no less his mother despite not carrying him or being genetically related. I regret that we don't know a lot about his maternal health history, but overall I'm very proud of his origin story and the bottom line that he will learn as he grows up is that "mommy and daddy wanted you so much that we found ladies on the other side of the world who would help us have you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There! I've been taken off the SCI blog list if you would like ti continue to follow my journey you can do so on www.persistandtrust.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  9. It hurts so bad to have so many negatives especially after going to the trouble of self cycling. I started out self cycling but ended up going with the donor egg option, it got way too hard. Good on you for giving it so many shots and only you know if you can cycle again or choose the donor option. Take care, it's just not fair sometimes :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for such lovely words of support.! We are all in a position that we all just have to play the cards we are delt with.
    I think that choosing a Donor Egg, is not a massive decision for me, as I have looked into foster care and adoption extensively and a baby to me is worthy of all the love I have to give wether mine biologically or not.
    However I owe it to myself to eliminate after all these years that the reason behind not having any success it's due to poor genetic egg quality.
    Those of you who have chosen an egg donor to me you are a Shining star with an endless abundance of light and love.
    Bless you all for caring xx

    ReplyDelete