Thursday 2 May 2013

Venting/Rant/Whinge


I've changed the title to this post 3 times.... It is what it is.

Today i thought id write about my views on how I see Delhi, the second time around....but something else caught my eye.

An article posted in a surrogacy group, by one of our members.
Now I should add that I'm hopeless with technology and I still haven worked out how to add a photo to this blog page of mine...( shaking head in disappointment ) lol
So I will write what was written in the article posted in the Victorian Herald Sun.
"So Medicaire pays rebates for gender-based abortions but won't pay IVF rebates for couples
Who have no choice but to use a surrogate to create a much wanted child? Someone's priorities are a little messed up" ~ Tracy, Tatura

When I first read this I couldn't help but feel let down by the Australian Government again.... Now that I read it again I'm totally f%^ken pissed!!



This is the title of an Australian IVF web page - 

IVFAustralia’s sperm donation program helps heterosexual couples, same sex couples and single women successfully conceive their baby.


So the other thing I just can't get my head around is, any woman can go to a fertility clinic, and request a sperm donor. They may go through an IVF cycle to produce folics, ( rebate is given by Medicare ) and once the fertilising is done with the donor sperm and a baby is born, the baby is legally hers. 

All we have done is put Our Own Embryos ( no rebate given) both mine and my husbands in another woman, and when she gives birth she has legal rights to OUR baby.....

 NOW there's something F#%KED up about  that!


Where are the people in government that have a brain, heart, soul! Do they not realise that all the people that have reached the point of surrogacy have tried almost everything else to become a parent. I know me personally I would give anything to have that gift, to carry my own child as I've seen all my beautiful friends and family do, to experience that nine months of bonding with your baby... Yeah I'd give anything for that. Instead, I'm giving everything to just have MY baby.

Finding out my chances of ever carring a baby is less than 10% almost defeated me....in the last year ive overcome health issues from IVF cycles, I've lost my mind, my baby, a dear friend, my father inlaw, the legal rights as a parent to my baby ( when I have them via surrogacy) and the support of the Australian government. 
Well there are certain things in that list I have had to sadly except and let go.
In saying that I'm also so very blessed in many other ways..
However my fight is now only just beginning.

Australian Government, no matter what you throw at us, its just another obstacle. We've been challenged by a lot worse. We will fight and challenge you,  as you have your so called 
"family values" screwed up.... And you have no right to take our legal family rights away from us.!


As for me, i will have my baby with an O/S surrogate, i don't know when, but that's between me and God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment