Saturday 23 March 2013

Touch down! INDIA.



The next few posts will cover our 25 days in India.
SCI clinic
Hotels.
Where to eat. ( this was always interesting )
Where to just pass the day.
And of course our baby foot step together with SCI.

January 26. We finally arrived in India. Late night arrival and sooooo many people. It reminded me
Of the day after Xmas sales. We finally made our way outside, now to find our driver Raul...

We didn't book at the Svelte or Hilton. I got a really good price at The Park Hotel New Delhi.
It was close to Connaught Place. A massive shopping area. Lots of restaurants too.
I must say, that most the staff were wonderful and helpful, however I had to purchase a bottle of dettol  to clean our bathroom. I just don't think our cleaner understood my version of clean.
The hotel over all was nice but far ( approx 25-35 mins) from SCI clinic and hospital.

We had 3 days to just chill and recover from flight before we met with Dr Shivani.
On our drive to Hotel Raul (taxi driver/owner,)  explained the price and hire
times for his taxi services.
(which later changed, cause of the distance to our hotel )

Everything felt surreal, we walked outside our hotel And door guy would always greet us with "Namaste" which I love! We took the whole prayer hand position and bowed. Loved it!!
Walking onto the street we would be swamped with cab drivers and took took
Drivers (a local little cab) all wanting you to jump in.

The first sounds you hear stepping out onto the street is beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!! Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!! Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!
The sound of the car horn is heard ALL. THE. TIME.... 22million people live in Delhi and they
All beeeeeeeep at the same time. Its full on.
I think one of the coolest things, we saw were the monkeys just jumping around tree to tree, fence to fence. In the middle of the city. We thought they were cool, but the locals think of them as pests.
And yes, you had to be careful they didn't jump on you or scratch you.

Street food was everywhere, and if your like me and love the whole experience of food,
I wanted to try everything. But. I couldn't. I didn't  want to get sick or catch any type of bug.
We are in India for a reason. It's as simple as that. The experience of "tourist" was in moderation.
So I wouldn't even let my husband try street food until all the treatment was over. Lol

For the first 3-4 days we ate at the hotel. Food was good. Didn't get sick at all there.

The day come to go to SCI. I wasn't nervous. I thought I would be, but in all my
Ivf cycles the injections were the easiest part. It was the drugs and injection that had to prepare my body for a pregnancy that were harsh and hormone controlling.
Like I have  said. "it's hard enough to handle our god given natural hormones let alone the artificial ones" 

This is the website for the hotel. 
http://theparkhotels.com/m/locations/newdelhi/index.html

Rooms are small. 




8 comments:

  1. I am glad tht you had a great time, is this your first trip?
    MIchael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, yes was our first time and I must say that the beginning was enjoyable, to a degree. It defiantly was an eye opener.
      How many time had u been?
      Ps. Your kids are very very cute :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to catching up to present day in your journey. Best of luck to you and V!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ben, it's really hard editing & putting into words, but I'm getting there :)) thank you for your kind wishes.
      I know the wait that you and your partner are experiencing. All you can do is keep busy. I pray your news is one where champagne is needed :)

      Delete
  3. Chaos!! one thing that I will never forget is the noise & the driving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah!!! the skill it takes to drive in Delhi is amazing. the whole time we were there we only saw one accident, and it wasnt a big one either, thank god.

      Delete